Saturday, November 19, 2011

Which plants are best for those of us with dogs?

My dog has killed some of the plants in my backyard - what would be good to replace them with? I'm particularly interested in flowering plants, if that's possible.

Which plants are best for those of us with dogs?
I have a clump of iris that takes direct hits several times a day with no ill effect. RScott
Reply:I feel for you. I have 3 large dogs and until this season my male was constantly killing my plants. I had to put fences around everything I planted. However, this summer I created an large fenced area in the yard just for them and it's been awesome. Anyhow, I wish I could tell you which plants will survive dog pee, but I haven't found any yet and I have lots of plants. As a matter of fact, my male recently hit my hibiscus when my 7 year old let him out of the dog yard and I don't think it is going to make it.


Anyhow, I wish you luck because I know it's a drag to put effort and money into your garden just to have a dog pee on it once and kill it.

my fish

No comments:

Post a Comment